Preparing to Study at Academic Levels 5 and 6
Students who are about to start a level 5 or 6 programme of study often have apprehensions about what tutors will expect of them and their ability to cope with this level of work generally.
Usually students will have studied at lower levels before; although for some it will be a while since any formal academic study has taken place.
Therefore regardless of your previous experience, the 'Head Start Plus' programme will enable you to review and develop the necessary academic skills you will require to successfully complete your qualification.
By the end of the 'Head Start Plus' programme, you should be able to:
- Understand the importance of a critical approach to thinking, reading and writing in all aspects of academic study
- Access and critically evaluate high-quality information
- Plan and structure your writing effectively
- Adopt an effective and critical approach to your writing
- Reference sources accurately and systematically both in-text and in the reference list
Start with: 1. Levelling Up!
Course Survey / Feedback
Once you have completed the course, we would like you to complete a short survey letting us know what you thought of it, so that we can improve and enhance it for future years.
Pop-Ups / Pop-up Windows:
Whether you are a PC, tablet or Mac user, you will need to be able to allow pop-ups on your preferred internet browser in order to access some of these resources.
If asked whether you should 'Allow pop-ups from c48.net' always answer 'Yes' or 'Allow'.
Here are a few links which might be useful depending on which internet browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer (Privacy Settings - Pop Ups)
- Mozilla Firefox: Mozilla Support (Pop Up Blocker Settings)
- Google Chrome: Google Chrome allow popups
- Apple Safari: Safari allow popups